Los Cerritos Community Newspaper Group

Delivered to 45,000 homes (over 105,000 readers) every Friday for over 14 years.
Click on link below to visit our website:
www.loscerritosnews.net

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Full freeway closures coming to I-710

8 Weekends: August 13 to October 11, 2010

Long Beach Freeway (I-710) LONG LIFE PAVEMENT REHABILITATION from just south of Firestone Boulevard to the Glenn Anderson Freeway (I-105)
FULL FREEWAY CLOSURES will occur twice during each weekend: Friday at 11:45 p.m. until Saturday at 6 a.m.
Sunday at 11 p.m. until Monday at 5 a.m.
August 13-16, September 10-13, October 1-4, August 20-23, September 17-20, October 8-11, August 27-30 September 24-27
No construction will occur during the Labor Day Weekend of September 3-6.
The extended weekend closures begin on Friday night (midnight) with a six-hour (12:01-6 a.m) FULL FREEWAY CLOSURE to install moveable median barriers. Then, on Sunday at 11 p.m., there is another FULL FREEWAY CLOSURE to remove the temporary moveable median barrier in time for the Monday morning commute.
CLOSED On-ramps to northbound I-710: Eastbound & westbound on-ramps to Rosecrans Avenue and Imperial Highway. CLOSED On-ramps to southbound I-710: Eastbound & westbound on-ramps from Florence Avenue, Firestone Boulevard and Imperial Hwy. CLOSED Freeway Connectors: Eastbound and westbound I-105 to northbound I-710
RESTRICTIONS: Speed reduced to 45mph. No oversized loads permitted due to narrow lanes.
DELAYS AND DETOURS: Motorists can expect delays and are advised to use alternate routes and marked street detours. Trucks are advised to use Garfield Avenue.
PROJECT DETAILS: The work is part of the I-710 Long Life Pavement Rehabilitation Project to rehabilitate aging pavement from I-405 to I-5 and provide the roadway with several decades of service life, improved pavement performance and a smoother ride for the traveling public.

No comments:

Post a Comment