Los Cerritos Community Newspaper Group

Delivered to 45,000 homes (over 105,000 readers) every Friday for over 14 years.
Click on link below to visit our website:
www.loscerritosnews.net

Monday, January 31, 2011

Candidate’s Forum Joeseph Cho

Thank you for your questions to LCCN.
1. Will you try and make it easier for the residents to get the over night parking passes?
Our overnight parking ordinance helps maintain the high quality of life we have enjoyed in Cerritos by reducing clutter in our streets. I support making the overnight parking pass easier to obtain by allowing on line requests. Additionally, I support modifying the ordinance to exempt the weekends from the overnight parking restrictions because during the weekend the demand goes up when out of town guests come to visit Cerritos residents.
2. The City of Cerritos has a growing population of children and adults with special needs. How do you feel about the city's Adaptive Programs and would you support the program's growth?
There is an African proverb that says “it takes a village to raise a child”. Having three children of my own, I fully appreciate the message behind this proverb, and I believe that this proverb is even more relevant in the case of children with special needs. This is why I fully support our City ’s Adaptive Recreation Program and why I voted to have a full time coordinator for the program.
3. Should the city consider a public/private partnership pertaining to the Cerritos Center for the Performing Arts?
I fully support having private companies perform functions when it does not make sense for the City to perform them. This is why I support continuing to have outside contractors provide services such as the printing of the brochures and the catering. The management of the Theater, though, should remain the City’s responsibility.
4. Should the city consider bringing back the Rose Parade float?
I believe the Rose Parade float is a wonderful opportunity for the community to come together to rally around a common goal. When I have decorated the float, I have seen an entire cross section of our community participating in the float decoration--from high school students to senior citizens--and everybody in between. This is why I have consistently voted against the elimination of the Rose Parade Float.
If you have any questions or concerns you would like to discuss with me, I have an Open Door policy at City Hall. You can also call my office at 562-860-8025 or email me at www.vote4cho.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment