Los Cerritos Community Newspaper Group

Delivered to 45,000 homes (over 105,000 readers) every Friday for over 14 years.
Click on link below to visit our website:
www.loscerritosnews.net

Monday, January 31, 2011

Candidate’s Forum Mark Pulido

As I have been walking throughout the City and talking to residents, I continue to hear about the need to re-invest in our neighborhoods.
As someone who is a product of our wonderful schools, parks and neighborhoods, I recognize that what makes Cerritos a great place to live is our neighborhoods - where we live, raise our families and enjoy retirement.
During these difficult economic times, we must be innovative in finding ways to improve our community while maximizing limited resources.
For the past nine years, I have the experience on the ABC School Board of doing more with less - keeping our schools among the best in the nation despite significant budget cuts. I will bring that same new leadership and proven record to the City Council.
For example, as your city councilmember, I will work to establish the first dog park in Cerritos. Dog parks are very successful in some nearby cities. They help build a sense of community, as people socialize with each other, and they give an opportunity for people to take their dogs to enjoy other dogs and play off-leash.
A dog park can be built with very little cost to the City by utilizing some existing open space. I would also explore a public/private partnership, as other cities have done, working with pet-related companies to sponsor the dog park and cover many of the costs.
By establishing a volunteer dog park association, interested residents and stakeholders can help oversee the dog park and raise money for necessary improvements.
This is one example of how we can improve our neighborhoods with limited resources.
For more information, please visit my website www.markpulido.com or email me at markpulido@yahoo.com.
I want to be your voice in City Hall, providing accessible and accountable leadership.
My name is Mark Pulido and I would be honored to have your vote for City Council on March 8th.

No comments:

Post a Comment