Los Cerritos Community Newspaper Group

Delivered to 45,000 homes (over 105,000 readers) every Friday for over 14 years.
Click on link below to visit our website:
www.loscerritosnews.net

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Assemblymember Mendoza reponds to passing of friend, Mentor, Sen. Jenny Oropeza

“Jenny taught me what it takes to become a legislator.”

SACRAMENTO, CA - Assemblymember Tony Mendoza (D-Norwalk) issued the following statement on the passing of Sen. Jenny Oropeza.
“I am deeply saddened by the passing of my friend and mentor, Sen. Jenny Oropeza. Jenny was a true inspiration; she taught me how to talk to and connect with voters. Her mentorship helped me greatly when I first started as a public servant. She was very supportive when I ran for the Artesia City Council and State Assembly. Jenny taught me what it takes to become a legislator. The California State Legislature will never be the same without her. She will be missed.”

No comments:

Post a Comment