Los Cerritos Community Newspaper Group

Delivered to 45,000 homes (over 105,000 readers) every Friday for over 14 years.
Click on link below to visit our website:
www.loscerritosnews.net

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Candidate Joseph Cho

This week, I'd like to devote the column to a very important topic - probably the most important topic that every voter should consider prior to casting his/her precious vote. The topic that I'd like to discuss is the relationship between a councilperson and his/her constituents (i.e. the residents of Cerritos). While all candidates promise to listen to your concerns (what candidate in his right mind wouldn't make such a promise), with me, as an incumbent, you have a record you can use to judge how sincere I am when I make such a promise.
I am proud to say that I have developed some very innovative constituent service programs to better serve my constituents. The crown jewel of my constituent service program is the Neighborhood Park Meet and Greet events. These events, held at different neighborhood parks throughout the city, are designed for me to hear concerns from residents in different neighborhoods within the city, as each neighborhood has its unique issues.
I am the first, and so far only, councilmember in the history of Cerritos to ever offer such a constituent service program. The reason no other councilmember has ever offered such a program is simple: it requires a great deal of effort to put together such an event, and I will proudly admit that I could not possibly put it together all by myself. I have a strong team of 10 appointees behind me who believe in the cause and are willing to help me put together such events. In addition, my wife and children often help out by cooking Korean BBQ for the enjoyment of the participants.
I have also sent out monthly newsletters to residents to let them know what is happening in the city, what my public activities were as a councilmember in the preceding month and any upcoming activities planned for the following month. It takes several days to put together the newsletter, but the effort is worthwhile.
Another example demonstrating my deep commitment to constituent services is that I am the first councilmember to make his personal cell phone number public. It is listed on the City's official web site under my contact information, and I'll repeat it here for your convenience: 562-547-4434.
Many people have asked me why I do all this for my constituents. The answer is simple: I want to serve them, and I see it as my duty as the mayor and councilmember to put my constituents first.
On March 8, please vote to reelect Mayor Joseph Cho to the Cerritos City Council.

No comments:

Post a Comment