Los Cerritos Community Newspaper Group

Delivered to 45,000 homes (over 105,000 readers) every Friday for over 14 years.
Click on link below to visit our website:
www.loscerritosnews.net

Saturday, February 19, 2011

R.I.S.E. program

Once again I am writing to report on the status of the proposed volunteer reading program for the schools and children here in Hawaiian Gardens. I want to thank many of you who have responded and expressed your interest in participating. As I stated in a prior message our intent is to partner with the ABC School Districts R.I.S.E Program (Reading Involves School-wide Employees) and thereby encouage students to read and learn. The R.I.S.E program is designed to bring community & business members into the classroom to promote improved reading and learning skills that will inspire students to learn the importance of reading for a successful future.
As part of the program the School District will conduct an orientation meeting in the Hawaiian Gardens Recreation Center Complex 21815 Pioneer Blvd. on Friday February 25, at 10:30 am. Please forward this info to anyone think may be interested in participating.
As many of you may know our city motto is "Our Youth Our Future" please join me in helping to give our children the tools they need to have the future they deserve.
Mike Gomez
Mayor, City of Hawaiian Gardens

No comments:

Post a Comment