Los Cerritos Community Newspaper Group

Delivered to 45,000 homes (over 105,000 readers) every Friday for over 14 years.
Click on link below to visit our website:
www.loscerritosnews.net

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Candidate Kirin Rami

My three young children and I have been the city residents for the last 16 years. I love the city for the quality of life it offers. I know the multi-ethnic community well and have involved myself as a volunteer in various affairs. I would now like to give my services to the city from a higher platform—City Council. Thus far our city is running well. But, I feel our city has been run by the same veterans for long enough. This scenario, often, crates a coalition, compulsion and consequently, a potential for scandals. We all know what happened in council chambers of city of Bell. The savvy residents deserve an option. This city is full of smart young professionals with new ideas, new energy who should have a crack at serving the city. I am one of these professionals. I have a Masters degree in English and I am a professor at Long Beach City College and Golden West College. I have some great ideas for further improving our schools, neighborhood safety, infrastructures, traffic circulation at busy intersection, fiscal transparency in city government, create jobs to better the economy, give tax incentives to industries to bring businesses over in the city, and for turning a money loosing propositions into profitable ones.
In the city hall, only one council member cannot make decisions. You need to elect a council member who believes in working together as a team for the well being of the city and its residents. When elected, I will be accessible and approachable to all residents-East and West. I pledge hard work that will bring measurable results.
I am putting all my trust and confidence in you that you would make an informed decision in electing the best candidates. I assure you I would not disappoint you. I have come a long way and you would help me to reach our destination. Together we can make a difference and bring about some changes. We really deserve a change in policies and permits, over night passes and tree problems, sidewalks and streets, safety and adaptive programs. So, for this change to occur, please come out on March 8, 2011 and vote for me: your first choice, first on the ballot.
Kiran Rami
Candidate for Cerritos City Council
1st on the ballot
562 213 2739
electkiranrami@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment