Los Cerritos Community Newspaper Group

Delivered to 45,000 homes (over 105,000 readers) every Friday for over 14 years.
Click on link below to visit our website:
www.loscerritosnews.net

Saturday, February 19, 2011

RE: Gahr Pen Pal program

I was so delighted when I picked up the Los Cerritos News from my driveway because there, on page 9, was the article written by Ivan Kenneth Chau from Gahr high school and photos of our senior members with their pen pals. I have coordinated this event for the last three years with the Arts and Technology teachers at Gahr High School and with 'Da Hawaii Seniors Club. It has been a marvelous experience on both ends...students and seniors. Everything that was written about Mrs. Kerry Grover is true...such an outstanding and efficient teacher with a marvelous sense of humor and personality!
I have had three pen pals, one each year, each with a different backgrounds and life objectives. I have learned about their likes and dislikes, their ambitions, their approach to life and they have learned about me and my culture and experiences.
Notwithstanding, my club members rise to the occasion on every count...they participate, they bring food and they entertain...as long as they don't have to wear a tuxedo or prom gown!
A great program, a great learning experience and looking forward to next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment